Our enemy seeks to kill, steal and destroy. Our God is God. He is great. Nothing is impossible with Him. He is a warrior.
Let the King of Glory come in!!
- The LORD is a warrior; the LORD is his name. (Ex. 15:3 NIV)
- The LORD will march out like a mighty man, like a warrior he will stir up his zeal; with a shout he will raise the battle cry and will triumph over his enemies. (Isa. 42:13 NIV)
- But the LORD is with me like a mighty warrior; so my persecutors will stumble and not prevail. (Jer. 20:11 NIV)
- Lift up your heads, O you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle. (Ps. 24:7–8 NIV)
Jesus had been talking with a rich man about some difficult things. He wasn’t willing to give up his possessions to follow Jesus. He left a very sad man. Jesus commented about how hard it is for the rich to really get into God’s world. The disciples were stunned and were wondering how anyone could get in. All things are possible with God is the simple but profound answer.
May I see God’s power at every turn.
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.” Mark 10:27
I have great memories of a time I spent in the mountains of North Carolina in the early 1970’s. I spent 3 summers there. Fortunately I have a few of my journals from that time.
I came to know this at the time. God is still saying the same thing now. He has been demonstrating it throughout all of eternity.
God can do and will do that which no man would ever think of trying.
– Thoughts from the summer of 1975 at “Disciplined Life in Christ”, Inn of the Last Resort, Franklin, NC
Is Jesus dominating more today than the day before? Is Jesus dominating every interest in my life? Is it happening?
So here is a check list:
- Is Jesus dominating how I go about my work? Do I check with Him before I make decisions about my focus during the day?
- Is Jesus dominating what my family is spending time doing?
- Is Jesus dominating what I do in my spare time? Do I check with Him first?
May I allow Jesus to rule my life, every interest I have.
“Is Jesus Christ more and more dominating every interest of my life?” ~~Oswald Chambers
Here is a truth we need to remember.
When there’s NOTHING left you can do about a situation remember this.
When you’re down to nothing God’s up to Something!
God is God. What if some do not have faith? Will their lack of faith zero out God’s faithfulness? Not at all! We may not understand it but it is true.
God is God. End of story. Game over.
“We cannot but admit that not even the least thing takes place unless it is ordered by God. For who have ever been so concerned and curious as to find out how much hair he has on his head? There is no one. God, however, knows the number. Indeed, nothing is too small in us or in any other creature, not to be ordered by the all-knowing and all-powerful providence of God.”