Will I weather the storm?
Jesus didn’t cause the storm to arise. The storm wasn’t His doing at all. He didn’t “weather” the storm although he was sleeping and not concerned or afraid one bit. He did tell it to stop and it did. Completely. It became perfectly calm. No wind. No waves. Just calm.
They were amazed because He is amazing. He did what He saw His Father doing. That is all.
May I see things as He does. May I do what I see Him doing.
He said to them, “Why are you afraid, you men of little faith?” Then He got up and rebuked the winds and the sea, and it became perfectly calm. The men were amazed, and said, “What kind of a man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?” Matthew 8:26-27
- When the Storms of Life are Raging (dreamprayact.com)
- Matthew 8:23-26 (passionsforthesoul.typepad.com)
- Shaken, not stirred (melissabanesevier.wordpress.com)
- Trusting God, not circumstances (christianpf.com)
- Calming Storms (carlgobelman.wordpress.com)
- What manner of man is this? (prhayz.com)