“Hold out your hand.” ~~Jesus
Jesus wants to know something. So He asked everyone in the church: “What kind of action suits Sunday the best? Doing good or doing evil? Helping people or leaving them helpless?”
What kind of answer did He get? No one said a word. Complete and utter silence. They didn’t have the capacity to advocate for doing good. They are uncomfortable to their core. We don’t have healing services in church. Not in this church and not during the Sunday service. Can’t we get the band to start playing again? Where is the praise leader? Isn’t the minister going to do something?
I don’t think I want to see this look. When Jesus looked them in the eye, one after another, angry, furious at their hard-nosed religion. He said to the man, “Hold out your hand.” I’m not sure he said this in the most loving way. A point was about to be made.
Here it is. Jesus was angry. He was furious. What happened to our kind and loving “Mr. Rogers like” savior?
So the man held out his hand—it was as good as new! The minister and deacons understood what was going on. They got out as fast as they could, sputtering about how they would join forces with the President’s followers and ruin him. That was their plan on how to deal with Jesus. They could have accepted him but being the religious hypocrites that they were, they opposed and plotted against him. But the congregation didn’t do anything either.
And how does our religious leadership deal with Jesus today? Build a bigger building? Add more instruments to the band? Expand the children’s program?
“Hold out your hand.” ~~Jesus (Mark 3:5)
- “Love is patient.” ~Apostle Paul ow.ly/7Bet30b5Q0D 2 hours ago
- Actor James Woods Slams Planned Parenthood Abortion Biz: It’s “Not So Safe For Future Generations” ow.ly/pb3K30b4RZC 1 day ago
- Southern schools: Let us eat grits! ow.ly/XDRo30b41LY 1 day ago
- Consider the Ball (1871) ow.ly/Sgbw30aHHa7 1 day ago
- “Immigration laws are the only laws that are discussed in terms of how to help people who break them.” Thomas Sowell ow.ly/YTTY30aHC2B 2 days ago
- “Good leadership is a channel of water controlled by God; he directs it to whatever ends he chooses.” ~King Solomon ow.ly/TxRS30aHBYt 2 days ago
- Christian University Cuts Ties With Planned Parenthood After Pro-Life Students Protest cultureopinions.wordpress.com/2017/04/20/chr… https://t.co/Vyb0F5yBSH 2 days ago
- "Don’t bother just to be better than your contemporaries. Try to be better than yourself." ~~William Faulkner ow.ly/nFK030aHBT7 2 days ago
- RT @AliveinMe: Better to fight for something than live for nothing.- General Patton #quote vitw.it/link/k251M 2 days ago
- Stunning afternoon in paradise. #FistBump https://t.co/1duhAMLAV4 2 days ago