It is not about what religious group you are born into. It doesn’t matter what church you go to.
Jesus is challenging us. He is clear.
“But the time is coming—it has, in fact, come—when what you’re called will not matter and where you go to worship will not matter.” ~~Jesus (John 4:23 The Message)
Jesus challenges us to worship in a clear way. Sometimes we are just guessing. That is not the way of God’s chosen people.
God is light. He is so clear there is nothing but truth in Him. No guessing; just clarity.
Our worship needs to be the same way.
“You worship guessing in the dark; we Jews worship in the clear light of day.”~~Jesus (John 4:22 The Message)
“Believe me, woman, the time is coming when you Samaritans will worship the Father neither here at this mountain nor there in Jerusalem.” ~~Jesus
Jesus challenges us to know that worship is going to church or any specific location. It isn’t where you worship; Baptist Church, Catholic Cathedral, Jewish Synagogue, Muslim Mosque. What is important is do you worship the one true God? Do you reach him through Jesus?
Jesus challenges us to one of those who are simply and honestly themselves before God in their worship. That is all.
May I worship God simply and honestly today.
“Believe me, woman, the time is coming when you Samaritans will worship the Father neither here at this mountain nor there in Jerusalem.” ~~Jesus (John 4:21 The Message)
- Seeking True Worshipers – Continuing the Work of Jesus (eddify.net)
- A True Worshiper Of God, Part 1of2, Evans Olang (magnifyhisword.wordpress.com)
- Where Should We Worship ? By Erik Lutz (chaplaingary.wordpress.com)
- Was God at Church Today? (fbccanaan.com)
Jesus knows things we don’t. He challenges us to wake up. He looks out and doesn’t just see people. He sees a field that is ready to be harvested. He sees people who are ready for God’s world (Kingdom).
Jesus challenges us to see the same things. We can’t be complacent. We must not think someone else will do what God wants us to do right now.
We must rise to the challenge Jesus has for us. It is harvest time.
“These fields are ripe. It’s harvest time!” ~~Jesus (John 4:35 The Message)
- The Great Commission (scripturenuggets.wordpress.com)
- Committed to witness! (jacobjuncker.wordpress.com)
- “If you simply say hello to those who greet you, do you expect a medal?” ~~Jesus (mww1954.wordpress.com)
- Compassion (thestorytellersapprentice.wordpress.com)
The kind of people our Father is out looking for are those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship. He wants that kind of relationship with us.
“That’s nicely put: ‘I have no husband.’ You’ve had five husbands, and the man you’re living with now isn’t even your husband. You spoke the truth there, sure enough.” ~~Jesus (John 4:18 The Message)
- “Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth.” ~~Jesus (mww1954.wordpress.com)
- Bible in 365: Day 286 (themoptimist.com)
- “What are the different names and titles of Jesus Christ?” (jesuschristlordsavior.wordpress.com)
- John 4 – Living Water? (inchristalonedevotions.wordpress.com)
Jesus challenges us to worship God in a way we have never known before. Do we think worship is sitting in church singing the hymn and raising our hands?
Worship is at the core of who we are in pursuit of who God is. Are we pursuing God in our worship? Are we heads over heals going after Him? Are we engaged with Him like never before? Jesus wants us to know that God is sheer being itself—Spirit. Those who worship him must do it out of their very being, their spirits, their true selves, in adoration.
“Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth.” ~~Jesus (John 4:24 The Message)
- Worship Is About God’s Offering, Not Ours (arendsarticulations.wordpress.com)
- The Day Jesus Sang (brokenbelievers.com)
- 2 Kings 3:15 To Worship You I Live, I Live To Worship You (writedownthesewords.com)
- Morning Prayer ~ August 14, 2012 (ronpogue.typepad.com)
- Spirit & Truth (youthpastorscircle.wordpress.com)
Jesus knows everything. There is no reason to pretend otherwise. He knew the “Woman at the Well” had been married 5 times and the person she was living with right now wasn’t her husband. He knew she would answer “I have no husband” when he would ask her to go get her husband. He also knew that operating with the Spirit of Wisdom would get her attention to listen to God’s word for her.
When she left the encounter, she would say to others, “Come see a man who knew all about the things I did, who knows me inside and out. Do you think this could be the Messiah?” A word of Wisdom can make a huge difference.
May I operate with the Spirit of Wisdom that God gives me to help others encounter Jesus.
“Go call your husband and then come back.” ~~Jesus (John 4:16 The Message)
- 8th Sunday after Trinity: The Wolves and Your David (deprofundisclamaviadtedomine.wordpress.com)
- How Do You See Jesus? (thundersstorms.wordpress.com)
- Prisoner of Shame (cupofblessing.wordpress.com)
- “And be thankful.” ~Apostle Paul ow.ly/ISRw30aR6RC 14 hours ago
- Really? Gabelli Says Atlanta Braves Are Worth $1.63 Billion ow.ly/YzPL30aQcYM 17 hours ago
- "Be cheerful no matter what." ~~Apostle Paul ow.ly/kcbi30aPm4r 19 hours ago
- Seth's Blog: How thin is your ice? ow.ly/xffo30aPm0L 1 day ago
- Boston Rustlers lose 26-3 to Cincinnati (June 4, 1911) ow.ly/5CRE30aOeqd 1 day ago
- “I’m not really religious but very spiritual.” ~Christina Aguilera ow.ly/jEHf30aNgzf 1 day ago
- Silence Is Death: The Generational Case For Free Speech ow.ly/XPgG30aLfCT 2 days ago
- “Know that the LORD is God.” ~King David ow.ly/GA0F30aL4l1 2 days ago
- “I thank God through Jesus for every one of you.” ~Apostle Peter ow.ly/aLvP30aIKey 2 days ago
- “They loved praise from men more than praise from God.” ~Apostle John ow.ly/9VgR30aHPll 3 days ago