Ah, now there we go. Down to earth people. We all seem to admire them. But is that said of me? Am I down to earth?
May it be so.
“The stuck-up fall flat on their faces, but down-to-earth people stand firm.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 11:2 The Message)
When it comes to business, we need to always be aboveboard and true to our word. We should always see our approach as one that Jesus would love and be proud of. I remember that one day Jesus chased the business people out of the temple (church) because of their dishonest approach.
May all I do in my business approach be aboveboard.
“God hates cheating in the marketplace; he loves it when business is aboveboard.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 11:1)
“When you’re kind to others, you help yourself; when you’re cruel to others, you hurt yourself.” ~~King Solomon
Who do we think we are hurting? Cruelty is intended to hurt someone else. It actually backfires and hurts us. The reverse is also very true. Being kind to others helps me build the right God-like values in my life.
Jesus knew this. Solomon knew this. Kindness is the cornerstone of a loving life.
“When you’re kind to others, you help yourself; when you’re cruel to others, you hurt yourself.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 11:17)
“A life devoted to things is a dead life, a stump; a God-shaped life is a flourishing tree.” ~~King Solomon
King Solomon challenges us to see life as God wants it lived. It is not about the outside, how we look, what we wear or what we eat. It is a dead life. Imagine a stump. It sometimes looks OK but just kick it. It evaporates into dust.
We want to have a fruitful life. Let God shape it and that is the key.
“A life devoted to things is a dead life, a stump; a God-shaped life is a flourishing tree.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 11:28)
When we live the life God has intended for us, it is like a tree that gives us delicious fruit. There is nothing like fresh fruit. We all love it. I was at the market yesterday and just had to get some figs and apricots.
That is in contrast to a life of violence. I think this is not just physical. Anything opposite of doing what GOD wants us too is violence against GOD and it destroys our very souls.
Thank GOD for the Holy Spirit of GOD that gives us the power to live the resurrected life of Jesus. Now that is Good News.
- On beauty and the temptation of strength (diggingformyrrh.wordpress.com)
- July 2 (bibleday2day.wordpress.com)
- “You will know them by their fruits” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- Does Being Wise Like King Solomon Guarantee Good Choices? (thelifechurchofdesplaines.wordpress.com)
- “And be thankful.” ~Apostle Paul ow.ly/ISRw30aR6RC 14 hours ago
- Really? Gabelli Says Atlanta Braves Are Worth $1.63 Billion ow.ly/YzPL30aQcYM 17 hours ago
- "Be cheerful no matter what." ~~Apostle Paul ow.ly/kcbi30aPm4r 19 hours ago
- Seth's Blog: How thin is your ice? ow.ly/xffo30aPm0L 1 day ago
- Boston Rustlers lose 26-3 to Cincinnati (June 4, 1911) ow.ly/5CRE30aOeqd 1 day ago
- “I’m not really religious but very spiritual.” ~Christina Aguilera ow.ly/jEHf30aNgzf 1 day ago
- Silence Is Death: The Generational Case For Free Speech ow.ly/XPgG30aLfCT 2 days ago
- “Know that the LORD is God.” ~King David ow.ly/GA0F30aL4l1 2 days ago
- “I thank God through Jesus for every one of you.” ~Apostle Peter ow.ly/aLvP30aIKey 2 days ago
- “They loved praise from men more than praise from God.” ~Apostle John ow.ly/9VgR30aHPll 3 days ago