God wants us to be honest in our core. He will give us wisdom. He will take care of us. We don’t have to be frustrated like others.
King Solomon understood this. All he really wanted was wisdom. God gave it to him in droves.
The challenge is to not live the frustrated life out of sync with God. Line up with what He wants. Live honestly with Him. The promise is we won’t starve in our soul. Our food is not of this world but it is the Word of God.
“God won’t starve an honest soul, but he frustrates the appetites of the wicked.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 10:3 The Message)
- “Wise son, glad father; stupid son, sad mother.” ~~King Solomon (mww1954.wordpress.com)
- 2 Chronicles Chapter 5 (pofw.wordpress.com)
God wants us to be (live) honest. Jesus makes the same challenge. This focus is huge for us. It is core to having a heart after God because God is truth.
“Ill-gotten gain gets you nowhere; an honest life is immortal.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 10:2)
- Ecclesiastes 10:19: Was King Solomon Right or Wrong? (naturallightinformation.typepad.com)
- The Bible In Our World (Part 11) (thebiblemeditator.wordpress.com)
When we live the life God has intended for us, it is like a tree that gives us delicious fruit. There is nothing like fresh fruit. We all love it. I was at the market yesterday and just had to get some figs and apricots.
That is in contrast to a life of violence. I think this is not just physical. Anything opposite of doing what GOD wants us too is violence against GOD and it destroys our very souls.
Thank GOD for the Holy Spirit of GOD that gives us the power to live the resurrected life of Jesus. Now that is Good News.
- On beauty and the temptation of strength (diggingformyrrh.wordpress.com)
- July 2 (bibleday2day.wordpress.com)
- “You will know them by their fruits” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- Does Being Wise Like King Solomon Guarantee Good Choices? (thelifechurchofdesplaines.wordpress.com)
“The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped.” ~~King Solomon
I am thinking how true this is. The more we bless others the more we are blessed. And it is an abundant blessing. More than we could ever imagine. Our mission is to help others. Our Father has sent us into His World (Kingdom) to love everyone we come in contact with every day. That is our job. When we do it in His name, we are helped as well.
May I bless others today. May I be of help.
“The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 11:25)
God wants us to be wise. He has given us His Holy Spirit. Pursuing beauty at the expense of His wisdom is like …. Well, we get it. No point in it at all.
“Like a gold ring in a pig’s snout is a beautiful face on an empty head.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 11:22)
Our focus for work in God’s world is to work as if we are working for God. That is good work. It gets us solid pay.
“Bad work gets paid with a bad check; good work gets solid pay.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 11:18)
“The world of the generous gets larger and larger; the world of the stingy gets smaller and smaller.” ~~King Solomon
Solomon nailed this one dead on. Generosity begets generosity. The more you give the more you like to give. It just gets better and better.
Being stingy gets you nowhere.
“The world of the generous gets larger and larger; the world of the stingy gets smaller and smaller.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 11:24)
- A single to left (1876) ow.ly/VEQa30980qc 1 day ago
- “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” ~George Sand ow.ly/Ngu030980mo 1 day ago
- “From native simplicity we arrive at more profound simplicity.” ~~Albert Schweitzer ow.ly/7sqE30980kM 1 day ago
- Dallas Is About To Go Broke ow.ly/zVDq309iTlu 1 day ago
- Four Things the Atlanta Braves Should Focus On in 2017 ow.ly/P3xC309iNL1 2 days ago
- "Curses on those who drive a hard bargain! Blessings on all who play fair and square!" ~~King Solomon ow.ly/x4za30980en 2 days ago
- Why Government Funding Hurts PBS and NPR ow.ly/gb5I3097tty 2 days ago
- The four seceders – 140 years later – Guest blog article by Keith Spalding Robbins ow.ly/EVcC3096Z9x 2 days ago
- The year of the Hammer (1974) ow.ly/Kr373096uhw 3 days ago
- Hank’s rainy night in Georgia (April 8, 1974) ow.ly/9DUQ3096uaV 3 days ago