God wants us to be honest in our core. He will give us wisdom. He will take care of us. We don’t have to be frustrated like others.
King Solomon understood this. All he really wanted was wisdom. God gave it to him in droves.
The challenge is to not live the frustrated life out of sync with God. Line up with what He wants. Live honestly with Him. The promise is we won’t starve in our soul. Our food is not of this world but it is the Word of God.
“God won’t starve an honest soul, but he frustrates the appetites of the wicked.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 10:3 The Message)
- “Wise son, glad father; stupid son, sad mother.” ~~King Solomon (mww1954.wordpress.com)
- 2 Chronicles Chapter 5 (pofw.wordpress.com)
God wants us to be (live) honest. Jesus makes the same challenge. This focus is huge for us. It is core to having a heart after God because God is truth.
“Ill-gotten gain gets you nowhere; an honest life is immortal.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 10:2)
- Ecclesiastes 10:19: Was King Solomon Right or Wrong? (naturallightinformation.typepad.com)
- The Bible In Our World (Part 11) (thebiblemeditator.wordpress.com)
When we live the life God has intended for us, it is like a tree that gives us delicious fruit. There is nothing like fresh fruit. We all love it. I was at the market yesterday and just had to get some figs and apricots.
That is in contrast to a life of violence. I think this is not just physical. Anything opposite of doing what GOD wants us too is violence against GOD and it destroys our very souls.
Thank GOD for the Holy Spirit of GOD that gives us the power to live the resurrected life of Jesus. Now that is Good News.
- On beauty and the temptation of strength (diggingformyrrh.wordpress.com)
- July 2 (bibleday2day.wordpress.com)
- “You will know them by their fruits” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- Does Being Wise Like King Solomon Guarantee Good Choices? (thelifechurchofdesplaines.wordpress.com)
“The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped.” ~~King Solomon
I am thinking how true this is. The more we bless others the more we are blessed. And it is an abundant blessing. More than we could ever imagine. Our mission is to help others. Our Father has sent us into His World (Kingdom) to love everyone we come in contact with every day. That is our job. When we do it in His name, we are helped as well.
May I bless others today. May I be of help.
“The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 11:25)
God wants us to be wise. He has given us His Holy Spirit. Pursuing beauty at the expense of His wisdom is like …. Well, we get it. No point in it at all.
“Like a gold ring in a pig’s snout is a beautiful face on an empty head.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 11:22)
Our focus for work in God’s world is to work as if we are working for God. That is good work. It gets us solid pay.
“Bad work gets paid with a bad check; good work gets solid pay.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 11:18)
“The world of the generous gets larger and larger; the world of the stingy gets smaller and smaller.” ~~King Solomon
Solomon nailed this one dead on. Generosity begets generosity. The more you give the more you like to give. It just gets better and better.
Being stingy gets you nowhere.
“The world of the generous gets larger and larger; the world of the stingy gets smaller and smaller.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 11:24)
- Planned Parenthood And The Left’s War On Truth | #ProLife ow.ly/RcTPL 8 hours ago
- Hall of Famer John Smoltz in his own words | The History of the Atlanta #Braves ow.ly/RcTIb 11 hours ago
- Am I too bold in what I ask of God? | #Jesus ow.ly/RcTAy 14 hours ago
- Can we love and forgive in the age of selfie-murder? | #TCOT #Love ow.ly/Rv6XP 17 hours ago
- “Love is about action. The only way to master love is to practice love.” ~Don Miguel Ruiz | #Quote #Love ow.ly/RcFwu 17 hours ago
- Time for regime change in #Iran | Thoughts on culture, politics and more ow.ly/RuxRb 19 hours ago
- “I do not pray for success, I ask for faithfulness.” ~~Mother Teresa. | #Quote ow.ly/RbK6O 1 day ago
- "The test of love is in how one relates not to saints and scholars but to rascals." ~ Abraham Heschel | #Quote ow.ly/RbJTd 1 day ago
- What if Hillary Clinton has been pulling the wool over our eyes for years? | @hillaryclinton ow.ly/RsVUI 1 day ago
- “Love never fails.” ~Apostle Paul | #Quote ow.ly/RbJCq 1 day ago