God wants us to be honest in our core. He will give us wisdom. He will take care of us. We don’t have to be frustrated like others.
King Solomon understood this. All he really wanted was wisdom. God gave it to him in droves.
The challenge is to not live the frustrated life out of sync with God. Line up with what He wants. Live honestly with Him. The promise is we won’t starve in our soul. Our food is not of this world but it is the Word of God.
“God won’t starve an honest soul, but he frustrates the appetites of the wicked.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 10:3 The Message)
- “Wise son, glad father; stupid son, sad mother.” ~~King Solomon (mww1954.wordpress.com)
- 2 Chronicles Chapter 5 (pofw.wordpress.com)
God wants us to be (live) honest. Jesus makes the same challenge. This focus is huge for us. It is core to having a heart after God because God is truth.
“Ill-gotten gain gets you nowhere; an honest life is immortal.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 10:2)
- Ecclesiastes 10:19: Was King Solomon Right or Wrong? (naturallightinformation.typepad.com)
- The Bible In Our World (Part 11) (thebiblemeditator.wordpress.com)
When we live the life God has intended for us, it is like a tree that gives us delicious fruit. There is nothing like fresh fruit. We all love it. I was at the market yesterday and just had to get some figs and apricots.
That is in contrast to a life of violence. I think this is not just physical. Anything opposite of doing what GOD wants us too is violence against GOD and it destroys our very souls.
Thank GOD for the Holy Spirit of GOD that gives us the power to live the resurrected life of Jesus. Now that is Good News.
- On beauty and the temptation of strength (diggingformyrrh.wordpress.com)
- July 2 (bibleday2day.wordpress.com)
- “You will know them by their fruits” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- Does Being Wise Like King Solomon Guarantee Good Choices? (thelifechurchofdesplaines.wordpress.com)
“The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped.” ~~King Solomon
I am thinking how true this is. The more we bless others the more we are blessed. And it is an abundant blessing. More than we could ever imagine. Our mission is to help others. Our Father has sent us into His World (Kingdom) to love everyone we come in contact with every day. That is our job. When we do it in His name, we are helped as well.
May I bless others today. May I be of help.
“The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 11:25)
God wants us to be wise. He has given us His Holy Spirit. Pursuing beauty at the expense of His wisdom is like …. Well, we get it. No point in it at all.
“Like a gold ring in a pig’s snout is a beautiful face on an empty head.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 11:22)
Our focus for work in God’s world is to work as if we are working for God. That is good work. It gets us solid pay.
“Bad work gets paid with a bad check; good work gets solid pay.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 11:18)
“The world of the generous gets larger and larger; the world of the stingy gets smaller and smaller.” ~~King Solomon
Solomon nailed this one dead on. Generosity begets generosity. The more you give the more you like to give. It just gets better and better.
Being stingy gets you nowhere.
“The world of the generous gets larger and larger; the world of the stingy gets smaller and smaller.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 11:24)
- "The stuck-up fall flat on their faces, but down-to-earth people stand firm." ~~King Solomon ow.ly/Ww7G309Nn53 1 hour ago
- Your ultimate guide to navigating the 2017 MLB season ow.ly/mShp30adHKd 3 hours ago
- RT @Madie_Pasha "Sometimes bad things that happen in our lives put us directly in the path of the best things that will ever happen to us." 3 hours ago
- “The integrity of the honest keeps them on track; the deviousness of crooks brings them to ruin.” ~King Solomon ow.ly/pefc309Nn1X 20 hours ago
- "We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." ~~Martin Luther King, Jr. ow.ly/8diH309NmXs 22 hours ago
- “If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good!” – Dr. Seuss ow.ly/RbUZ309NmJG 1 day ago
- Rick Cerone moves from Atlanta to Milwaukee (March 5, 1986) ow.ly/LIAs309NmEy 1 day ago
- “Jesus love was not cautious but extravagant.” ~Apostle Paul ow.ly/FVj1309NmAK 1 day ago
- “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” ~~Eleanor Roosevelt ow.ly/1EZr309NmwT 2 days ago
- Freeman ready to lead Braves’ resurgence ow.ly/H9YQ30a95Ze 2 days ago