Ah, now there we go. Down to earth people. We all seem to admire them. But is that said of me? Am I down to earth?
May it be so.
“The stuck-up fall flat on their faces, but down-to-earth people stand firm.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 11:2 The Message)
When it comes to business, we need to always be aboveboard and true to our word. We should always see our approach as one that Jesus would love and be proud of. I remember that one day Jesus chased the business people out of the temple (church) because of their dishonest approach.
May all I do in my business approach be aboveboard.
“God hates cheating in the marketplace; he loves it when business is aboveboard.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 11:1)
“When you’re kind to others, you help yourself; when you’re cruel to others, you hurt yourself.” ~~King Solomon
Who do we think we are hurting? Cruelty is intended to hurt someone else. It actually backfires and hurts us. The reverse is also very true. Being kind to others helps me build the right God-like values in my life.
Jesus knew this. Solomon knew this. Kindness is the cornerstone of a loving life.
“When you’re kind to others, you help yourself; when you’re cruel to others, you hurt yourself.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 11:17)
“A thick bankroll is no help when life falls apart, but a principled life can stand up to the worst..” ~~King Solomon
We think that money will save us. If we get in a tight spot, we know we can whip out our credit cards. God was willing to give King Solomon anything he wanted. He asked for wisdom.
Despite his wealth as King, he knew that money isn’t the answer. God is the answer. He will see us through when everything falls apart. It is interesting that on our money it says “In God we trust”. Amen.
“A thick bankroll is no help when life falls apart, but a principled life can stand up to the worst..” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 11:4)
“Blessings accrue on a good and honest life, but the mouth of the wicked is a dark cave of abuse.” ~~King Solomon
It seems conventional wisdom is that there is no reward for a good and honest life. There is the eternal question of why bad things happen to good people.
I think this is a matter of the heart. Jesus challenges us to see life as a matter of what is in our heart and not the physical world. Jesus says we will be blessed when we mourn. The cause of the mourning is not seen as a good thing. It is about getting our heart right. Blessings flow from that.
“Blessings accrue on a good and honest life, but the mouth of the wicked is a dark cave of abuse.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 10:6)
“A life devoted to things is a dead life, a stump; a God-shaped life is a flourishing tree.” ~~King Solomon
King Solomon challenges us to see life as God wants it lived. It is not about the outside, how we look, what we wear or what we eat. It is a dead life. Imagine a stump. It sometimes looks OK but just kick it. It evaporates into dust.
We want to have a fruitful life. Let God shape it and that is the key.
“A life devoted to things is a dead life, a stump; a God-shaped life is a flourishing tree.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 11:28)
“Make hay while the sun shines—that’s smart; go fishing during harvest—that’s stupid.” ~~King Solomon
We know this to be true but being disciplined at it can be the challenge. There is a time to harvest and there is a time to fish. Doing them at the right time is “work – life balance”.
Wisdom from God is important. We don’t want to be stupid.
“Make hay while the sun shines—that’s smart; go fishing during harvest—that’s stupid.” ~~King Solomon (Proverbs 10:5)
- How Big Should Government Be? How do Conservatives and Liberals differ? Dennis Prager Video | ow.ly/WPFNg 1 hour ago
- "The more laws, the less justice." ~Marcus Tullius Cicero ow.ly/WPDmy 5 hours ago
- RT @Bulwark_Ext "The Bulwark Exterminating Weekly is out! … Stories via @JustEnergyGroup @geoawesomeness @mww1954" ow.ly/Y1CtZ 5 hours ago
- “There are no ‘ifs’ among believers. Anything can happen.” ~Jesus | #TeamJesus ow.ly/WPBLT 8 hours ago
- #GOP push for @CarlyFiorina to be included in @ABC debate. Let her in! | ow.ly/Y1mte 9 hours ago
- Carrie Fisher to haters: Youth and beauty are not accomplishments | #CultureWar ow.ly/Y1m70 9 hours ago
- “I’m so grateful to the Messiah Jesus for making me adequate to do this work.” ~Apostle Paul | #TeamJesus ow.ly/Y1hBS 10 hours ago
- The Scientific Reason Why Reindeer Have Red Noses | ow.ly/WOCsZ 23 hours ago
- Steven Wright Discusses His Joke-Writing Process #Laugh ow.ly/Y0Csb 1 day ago
- Insults, threats and more insults: What it’s like to be a reporter covering @realdonaldtrump ow.ly/Y0C6s 1 day ago