Paul was there. He had learned how to be content. He was more than happy. It didn’t matter how little or how much he had.
He knew who he was in Jesus. That is all it took. That got him through everything.
I don’t have a sense of needing anything personally. I’ve learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I’m just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I’ve found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. Philippians 4:11
- Philippians 4:13 – “I Can Do All Things Through Christ Which Strengtheneth Me.” (myspiritdc.com)
- Philippians 4:13 – “I Can Do All Things Through Christ Which Strengtheneth Me.” (praiserichmond.com)
- Philippians 4. Be anxious for nothing; think these thoughts (bummyla.wordpress.com)
We live in a world where almost everyone is trying to make us something else. They have great things in mind for us. Dress like this and we will be successful. Change this in your life and you will be happy. Follow these 7 steps and you will improve your life.
Think about it. We are barraged all day long with list after list of things we must change and we will succeed. It is all hokum. It isn’t true but we are being seduced into believing it.
Jesus challenges us to focus on being who God wants us to be. That is all that matters.
Being content with who we are in God is the only accomplishment that matters.
Happiness, true happiness, comes from keeping one foot in front of another on His road. He speaks to my heart in a frank and direct way. I hear him. Will I listen and do?
You’re more than happy when you follow his directions, doing your best to find him. That’s right—you don’t go off on your own; you walk straight along the road he set. You, God, prescribed the right way to live; now you expect us to live it.
Oh, that my steps might be steady, keeping to the course you set; Then I’d never have any regrets in comparing my life with your counsel. I thank you for speaking straight from your heart; I learn the pattern of your righteous ways. I’m going to do what you tell me to do; don’t ever walk off and leave me. Psalm 119:1-8
- Psalm 112. The Happiness Of A Good Person. The Blessed State Of The Righteous (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Pursuit of Blessedness (5ptsalt.com)
- Guardrails- Clearing Your Conscience…the message I never got to preach! (deandeguara.com)
- Psalm 1 NIV (lwharper.wordpress.com)