We get to choose who we will serve. If it isn’t the living God, we get what we want. God doesn’t make us worship him. He wants our love and adoration freely. It has been that way from the beginning. It still is today.
So today we get to choose.
May I choose wisely.
“So God said, in effect, “If that’s what you want, that’s what you get.” ~~Apostle Paul (Romans 1:24 The Message)
We have God’s wisdom in our life. The amazing Spirit of God leads us. That is amazing. While we don’t always understand everything, we have a leg up on gaining insight into how God works than the average Joe.
It is interesting that the world we live in doesn’t see this.
“But you’ve seen and heard God’s wisdom because God, by his Spirit, has brought it all out into the open before you.” ~~ Apostle Paul (1 Corinthians 2:9 The Message)
What is worth reporting on, in Paul’s opinion? It is all about the love we show to others. That is it. There is nothing else.
It isn’t the new church building. It is not how moving the Worship Team sang the new song. It isn’t new car we just bought.
There are only two ways to get God’s attention. Love Him and love everyone we know and meet. That is how our faith in Jesus is demonstrated.
“We keep getting reports on your steady faith in the Messiah Jesus, and the love you continuously extend to all Christians.” ~Apostle Paul (Colossians 1:4 The Message)
We don’t like to think about it but there are a number of messages delivered by men of God that aren’t good news. There are many that are at odds with the gift of grace that the Messiah Jesus has bestowed on us. It happens easily. It only shows our fickleness.
We need to know what the message of good news is. We need to stick with it. We must reject anything else. May we stand firm today.
“I can’t believe your fickleness—how easily you have turned traitor to him who called you by the grace of Christ by embracing a variant message!” ~~Apostle Paul (Galatians 1:6 The Message)
God has given us the Holy Spirit. That is a sign of His authority in our life. He has left us with power, His power. That is an amazing thing. What a great God we have.
And, that is not all. The Holy Spirit in our life is only the beginning. God has so many wonderful things in store for us. And we will receive them all. Not a one will be withheld from us. The Holy Spirit in our life is the sign of all the glory to come.
“This signet (the Holy Spirit) from God is the first installment on what’s coming, a reminder that we’ll get everything God has planned for us, a praising and glorious life.” ~Apostle Paul (Ephesians 1:14 The Message)
Paul’s first letter to the Corinthians was very direct. He was concerned about what was hearing. Sometimes a clearly written message can be more effective than a visit. Plus, it can be reread many, many times when the spoken word cannot.
Are we concerned about something? Have we spent months writing a clear and compelling message? Even if it isn’t sent, do we care enough to get that clear?
“That was my reason for writing a letter instead of coming—so I wouldn’t have to spend a miserable time disappointing the very friends I had looked forward to cheering me up. ” ~~Apostle Paul (2 Corinthians 2:3 The Message)
It isn’t about who was raised in the church and has a religious background. Paul is clear on that. If the training leads to following our Master Jesus, the Messiah, that is great. It is not about the training. It is about doing what God wants. Every day!!
The mistake the religious make is to believe it is simply about showing up. It is not about going to church. It is about having a passion for Jesus and doing what He wants us to. It is about obedience. It is about having a heart for God. It is about living a free life basking in how good God is.
“So what difference does it make who’s religious and who isn’t, who has been trained in God’s ways and who hasn’t? As it turns out, it makes a lot of difference—but not the difference so many have assumed.!” ~~Apostle Paul (Romans 3:1)
- “Those who enter into the Messiah’s being–here–for–us no longer have to live under a black cloud.” ~Apostle Paul ow.ly/ZF5i30804gu 11 hours ago
- “God can do anything. Far more than you could ever imagine.” ~Apostle Paul ow.ly/LukR307Y37Z 14 hours ago
- Lou Perini blocks the Browns attempted move to Milwaukee (March 3, 1953) ow.ly/95E7307VSlO 17 hours ago
- RT @jasonrileywsj: John Lewis’s record in Congress is less than heroic wsj.com/articles/john-… @WSJopinion @ManhattanInst @FoxNews 20 hours ago
- Lena Dunham’s Video Reveals The Ugly Truth About The Women’s March | Thoughts on culture, politics and more ow.ly/qJ963086k4E 1 day ago
- "We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." ~~Martin Luther King, Jr. ow.ly/pYVR307VShJ 1 day ago
- Laura Ingraham Considering Senate Run in Virginia, Challenging Tim Kaine | Fox News Insider ow.ly/aut53085OHZ 1 day ago
- “Far better to take refuge in God than trust in celebrities.” ~King David ow.ly/l8tq307VSek 1 day ago
- Great point! Salesforce CEO @Benioff : Tech will create new jobs ow.ly/yNlf3085vsU #CIO 1 day ago
- "But if your greeting of peace is not received, take it back and get out. Don’t impose yourself." ~~Jesus ow.ly/4J8c307TAqJ 1 day ago